Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (3)

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week I'm waiting on 


The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore


Title: The Rise of Nine
Author: Pittacus Lore 
Will be published on: August 21st, 2012 (HarperCollins)
Pages: 416
Synopsis from Goodreads: It all began with nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorians—who scattered on Earth and went into hiding. They look like ordinary teenagers, but they have extraordinary skills. The Mogadorians killed Number One, Number Two, and Number Three. They tried to kill Number Four ... and failed.
Number Four (aka John Smith) has now teamed up with Number Nine, while Six has gone off to find the others. With the Mogadorians hot on their trail and time running out, they must find a way to come together, before it's too late. Power in numbers will save them all.

The ending of The Power of Six was so thrilling that I can't wait to read the next one in the series. I'm curious how Nine will be, and when they will all be together.  

13 comments:

  1. OOO great choice! I cannot wait to read this book! I am curious to see what Nine is like as well!

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives - new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't read the first book in the series and I feel so out of the loop! I have it on my shelf though, and hope to get to it eventually. It sounds really good!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on Edelweiss ,,,,, but I still have to start the series.Loved the movie though

    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so interesting. I haven't read any books in this series yet - but I so want to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually had a proof copy of this arrive this morning and I cannot wait to start it!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! Thanks for stopping by my Wow!

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pick! I'm also really looking forward to this one! Thanks for stopping by :))

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hadn't heard of this series before, thanks for the suggestion and for stopping by!

    Arianna @Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  9. I watched I Am Number Four the movie but haven't read the books yet, I will have to get on that this one looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know, I haven't read these but I enjoyed the I am Number Four movie and was intrigued by the plot so I might have to pick them up at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a new follower, your blog is great! I would love a follow back at http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/

    Thanks,
    Candace

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!