Thursday, July 26, 2012

Review A Witch in Love by Ruth Warburton


A Witch in Love (Winter Trilogy, #2)Title: A Witch in Love
Author: Ruth Warburton 
Published: July 5th, 2012 (Hodder Children's Books)
Pages: 401
Source: bought
Series: Winter Trilogy #2
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis from Goodreads: Anna still finds it hard to believe that Seth loves her and has vowed to suppress her powers, no matter what.
But magic – like love – is uncontrollable. It spills out with terrible consequences, and soon, Anna is being hunted.

For the review of A Witch in Winter go here

This second book in the Winter Trilogy is even better than the first. I just couldn't put it down and most of the book I read in one sitting. 

It takes place six months after the ending of A Witch in Winter. Anna is in a happy relationship with Seth, but she still can't believe he truly loves her. And there is her uncontrollable power. She still wants to know where her magic comes from, but her father is as closed as ever on the subject of her lost mother. But everything turns around when Anna starts receiving creepy threats from an outwith enemy. 


In my review of the first book I told you what an amazing writing style Ruth Warburton has and that hasn't changed. I would say it got even better! A very important thing for me, it can really ruin a book. 


But also the story is so good. It's full of tension. The relationship between Anna and Seth is on edge at some point, because she can't let go of the fact she bewitched him at first and she's still not sure if the spell is broken. But also the threats from the outwith enemy is so strong. Especially when Anna thinks them as less dangerous than the Ealwitan and other witches, you just know she's in even graver danger. You'll have a hard time putting this down. 


I love Anna. She goes for what she wants, but she isn't a stupid heroine who goes running off to all sorts of dangers. Danger just finds her, but she has a great way of getting herself out of it, with or without help from others. She still is getting to know her powers and I absolutely can't wait to read the next book, A Witch Alone, and find out more. I just read the synopsis and it sounds amazing! 

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by to let you know I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! see tomorrow's post at Bethartfromtheheart.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    Beth

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!