Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings In Books

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday has another topic and different bloggers give their top ten. I love making lists, so here's mine for this week!

This week topic is 
Top Ten Most Vivid Worlds/Settings In Books


1. Stravaganza by Mary Hoffman  (review)
This is the book world I love the most. The combination time traveling and Italia is just perfect. 


2. Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
I don't think this one needs an explanation. 


3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The first book setting in years that was so vivid it actually gave me nightmares.


4. Glow by Amy Kathleen Ryan (review)
This book is set in space and it's so beautifully written. Everything about this world is really cool. 


5. Finding Sky by Joss Stirling
The idea of soul mates with gifts is so nice!


6. His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman
I loved this book and the world setting is amazing! Wouldn't it be amazing having your own deamon?


7. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
Who doesn't love a world with Jace in it?


The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)8. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
I really like books about time traveling and this was one amazing book! It's one of my all time favorites.


9. The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien
I admire Tolkien for the whole world he set up, including languages!


10. Uglies by Scott Westerfeld (review)
One of the best dystopian world settings! 


What's your Top Ten?

12 comments:

  1. I completely agree with the Hunger Games, Time Traveller's wife and Uglies :)
    I also loved Divergent because of all of the simulations that seemed so vivid!
    Thanks for introducing me to Glow as well, now on my TBR pile.
    RB
    http://reflectivebookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read His Dark Materials!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on 6, 7, and 9! Here is my list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list! I've only read The Hunger Games and The Mortal Instrument series - and agree, both Worlds were spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HP and LotR made my list too, but I'm glad to see His Dark Materials, THG, and TMI as well - I forgot to add those! Plus, I haven't seen Uglies around yet, so that's great! :D

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never heard of Glow, but it sounds awesome! I'm hoping to check out the Uglies too. The Time Traveler's Wife is so amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, good choices! I have a couple of these on mine but there are several others here that I still need to read. Here's my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What are you talking about? Harry Potter totally needs an explanation. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by! I love the Uglies series. I really wish Mr. Westerfeld would hurry up and write something new. Yeah, the manga and Leviathan user guide are cool, but I am ready for something brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Who doesn't love a world with Jace in it?"
    hahaha I totally agree!

    Great list! I added Stravaganza and Glow to my to-read list, they sound interesting! :]

    Kaitlin @ Read. Write. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Other than HP and The Hunger Games I haven't read any of the other books on your list, though a few are on my TBR list. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really can't believe that I still haven't read Philip Pullman!! I need to read Cassandra Clare too, I have heard ALL KINDS of things about Jace! Go read Daughter of Smoke and Bone ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!