Sunday, July 29, 2012

Review Rapture by Lauren Kate


Title: Rapture
Author: Lauren Kate
Published: June 21st, 2012 (Doubleday Childrens)
Pages: 432
Source: bought
Series: Fallen #4
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis from Goodreads: The sky is dark with wings . . . 
Like sand in an hourglass, time is running out for Luce and Daniel. To stop Lucifer from erasing the past they must find the place where the angels fell to earth. Dark forces are after them, and Daniel doesn’t know if he can do this—live only to lose Luce again and again.
Yet together they will face an epic battle that will end with lifeless bodies . . . and angel dust. Great sacrifices are made. Hearts are destroyed. And suddenly Luce knows what must happen.
For she was meant to be with someone other than Daniel. The curse they’ve borne has always and only been about her—and the love she cast aside. The choice she makes now will be the only one that truly matters.
In the fight for Luce, who will win?
The astonishing conclusion to the FALLEN series. Heaven can’t wait any longer.

The last book in a series is always a bit special. You know that when you finish this book you'll know all the answers, which is good, but you also know it's the last time you can dive unknown into the story. I couldn't wait to read Rapture, but I was also a bit hesitant. Did I really already want to know what happened? Well, I did. And it was the perfect ending to this series.
I must say I anticipated this ending ever since finishing the third book, but I really liked that it ended this way. Every other way would have been less perfect. 


I wasn't as disappointed with Passion as many other readers, I actually really liked it. But I was happy that this book was more like the first two in this series. Lucy and Daniel are together again, but now they are threatened by Lucifer. And I must say when you discover why, it's so beautiful. I loved that part. I wanted to read that fragment again and again, but I also wanted to know how it would end, so I didn't. 


I liked Luce's character from the beginning. And for most part she stays the same person and I loved that about her. I've never liked Daniel. I don't know why, but he just doesn't appeal to me. He comes across as distant to me. Luckily the story is amazing and I'm pretty sad it's over now. Although I still have to read Fallen in Love, so there's still something I can look forward to. 


I can definitely recommend Rapture. It's a beautiful story and ending. If you haven't read this series, you're missing out on an awesome series, so pick it up!


2 comments:

  1. I have not read this series yet! Can you believe it? I need to get on that asap. Especially after reading your review - thanks!

    Btw, I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check out my post here: http://pidginpeasbooknook.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-award.html

    Love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya! I just wanted to tell you that I read Passion in June, and I honestly wasn't impressed with it. I was very skeptical about reading the 4th and final book. Howeverrrrr due to your review, I think I'm going to give it a try anyways! Oh and thanks for liking our Wow! ;)
    YA VIXENS
    -beth (vixen #2)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!