Saturday, July 21, 2012

Review I Heart London by Lindsey Kelk


Title: I Heart London
Author: Lindsey Kelk
Published: Juny 7th, 2012 (Harper)
Pages: 366
Source: bought
Series: I Heart #5
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis from Goodreads: Home is where the heart is. Right? Angela Clark has fallen in love with America -- and it's starting to love her back. Throw one expired visa into the mix, and things quickly take a turn for the worse. She might love her life as a Brit in New York, but now she has no choice but to return to London. Not only does she leave behind her gorgeous boyfriend Alex -- she must also face unfinished business back on home turf. There's the ex-boyfriend -- who she moved to New York to get away from. Then there's her best friend, with her perfect new baby. And there's her mum. Now, there's another wedding in the offing -- and everyone remembers how well the last one went ...

I love a good Chick Lit and Lindsey Kelk wrote / is writing (please tell me there is going to be another sequel!) one of the best Chick Lit series ever! When it comes to this kind of books I'm kinda picky, because I hate it if it has to many cliches. And that's why I love the I Heart series. Angela is so funny, clumsy and she has a real gift for getting herself into trouble, I can't get enough of it! And (almost) no cliches!


So, this is the fifth book in the series and this time the lovely city London is the one we heart. After almost getting deported Angela can remain in New York and her parents aren't so happy with it. Especially when they find out Angela is engaged and hadn't even told them yet! So her mother *forces* Angela (more like puts a lot of pressure) to come home and bring Alex. With her mum's sixtieth birthday coming up Angela hops on a plain and gets her ass back to London. And there the fun part starts (although that beginning with that meeting on bare feet, hilarious!), because of course Angela can't go home without immediately running into Mark, the ex boyfriend. And her mum has all kind of weird presumptions and she gets the *crazy* idea where Alex and Angela marry that Saturday in the garden. 


I just couldn't stop laughing through the entire book. The combination of the characters and events is just so funny. Angela just can't seem to stop putting herself in all sorts of trouble and Jenny doesn't really help with her determination to get this wedding done within a week. And who doesn't love Alex? The only one who remains perfectly calm whatever happens. He and Angela are a match made in heaven (I know cheesy right?). Her mum and dad aren't really helping the situation, with her dad smoking weed in his shack and her mum just being her mum. 

If you love Chick Lit you have to read this book! If you never read Chick Lit and you want to give it a try, read this book! Seriously, you won't be disappointed! 

I just want to add one last thing: this book has the perfect Chick Lit cover. I have the entire series on my bookshelves and I love putting them next to each other and stare at them. They always make me happy! 

3 comments:

  1. Pretty! This was an extremely wonderful post. Thank you for supplying this information.
    Check out my blog post gift ideas for boyfriend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, would you like to link in to “Books You Loved”. Here is the link Books You Loved August Edition Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking in Helene - thanks too for following Carole's Chatter. I am now following you back.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!