Friday, July 27, 2012

Feature and Follow / TGIF (3)

I'm new to the blogging society and I think these two memes are a great way to get to know other bloggers!

Feature and Follow is hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read. Follow them and the featured blogs, answer this weeks question and join the following!

This weeks question:

Summer Reading. What was your favorite book that you were REQUIRED to read when you were in school?

Call it a coincidence, but I was actually thinking about this last night. I hated most books I was required to read, just because it was required, but the title that left the biggest impression on me was:


On the Beach
On the Beach by Nevil Shute


I never stopped thinking about that ending. [A bit spoilery after this, I'm sorry] It's about the end of the world. Everything is dying: animals, people. But there are some exceptions. The people who don't get sick and die. The main character discovers he's one of them, but he chooses to die together with his wife and child, when they receive pills that will put an end to everything. I was like 14 years old when I read this and this never let me go. So beautiful. 



TGIF is hosted by GReads!. This features re-caps this weeks posts and proposes a questions to the followers. 


This weeks question:

Christmas in July: If Santa were to come down your chimney in the middle of summer, which books would you want him to leave for you under the tree?


This question is almost the same is the one from FF last week, but it's always fun to pick out books! But I'll choose different ones from last week. 


My wish list is endless and I don't want to leave Santa all broke I narrowed it down to my top three books. 



Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Revived by Cat Patrick
Eve by Anna Carey

I've read amazing reviews about these three, so these is my top three for now. And now I can only hope Santa is really stopping by in the middle of summer!

Last week posts:

20 comments:

  1. I hear Anna and The French Kiss is really good. I have that on my list as well!

    - Alex
    MINE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never hear of On the Beach. I must check it out.

    Here's my response: http://vonniesreadingcorner.blogspot.com/2012/07/friday-hops-727.html

    Oh, and I'm following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting choices! I LOVE Anna and The French Kiss.
    Here's my post:
    Michelle Shouts Random: TGIF
    Happy Friday!
    *New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choics!! Anna and Eve are two of my favorites that I read last year! (I'm giving away a copy of Anna and the French Kiss, actually!)

    I've never read On The Beach. (Geez, my high school had some odd reading requirements!) But it sounds like one I'd love!

    My TGIF / Follow Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopping through :)

    I'm a new GFC follower! :)

    Anna and the French Kiss looks so good!

    Here is my FF post: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/07/feature-and-follow-friday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anna and the French Kiss was such a good book!! One of my favourites so far this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard of On the Beach, but it sounds good. I loved Anna and the French Kiss. Thanks for visiting. Following back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive never read or even heard about On The Beach. :o Sounds really sad ! ):
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and following ! Following you back. (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh cool, I've never read that one! Thanks for stopping by! My FF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I keep hearing about this Anna and the French Kiss. I'm going to have to find it at the library! New follower! Drop by for a visit at http://fortheloveofliterature.com/ and follow if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never heard of On the Beach.
    Glad you enjoyed it though!!
    :)

    Im a new follower

    Please come follow me back
    My FF
    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Never heard of that, but then again, it says you live in the Netherlands. Your education system is so much better than the U.S. so... maybe I should check that out to see what I'm missing, LOL.

    Thanks for stopping by my FF. Followed you back :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not heard of this one before. Thanks for sharing.

    Following! Feel free to visit my blog.
    SeeitORreadit


    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely interested in Revived and I just bought Eve for my Kindle so hopefully I can get around to it soon. Great choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never heard of On the Beach but it sounds good! And I LOVE Anna and The French Kiss! So good! And I want to read the other 2! Thanks so much for stopping by my FF/TGIF and for following! I'm now following you back, although GFC has been really weird for me today and my picture isn't showing up. But your blog is in my Google reader! Anyway, have a great weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't heard of On The Beach, or Revived. Revived looks pretty interesting though. I LOVED Anna And The French Kiss.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  17. thanks for stopping by my blog today. :)
    I am already a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi,
    Hopping on through from the feature and follow!
    Hosted BY Parajunkee & Alison Can Read.
    New Buddy, Please…. Cyber stalk me back!
    Thanks,
    http://dawnandwinniebookreviews.blogspot.com

    PS
    My Summer Read was…Things Fall Apart By Chinua Achebe (Author) it was interesting ☺

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anna & the French Kiss is AMAZING. I fell in love with the characters - and still want an Etienne in my life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Haven't heard of On the Beach. But any book that leaves an impression is a good one right? Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Tara @ Shhh... Not While I'm Reading

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!