Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (40)




"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating. This week I'm waiting on 

Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith

Wild AwakeTitle: Wild Awake
Author: Hilary T. Smith
Will be published on: May 28th, 2013 (Katherine Tegen Books)

Things you earnestly believe will happen while your parents are away:

1. You will remember to water the azaleas.
2. You will take detailed, accurate messages.
3. You will call your older brother, Denny, if even the slightest thing goes wrong.
4. You and your best friend/bandmate Lukas will win Battle of the Bands.
5. Amid the thrill of victory, Lukas will finally realize you are the girl of his dreams.

Things that actually happen:

1. A stranger calls who says he knew your sister.
2. He says he has her stuff.
3. What stuff? Her stuff.
4. You tell him your parents won’t be able to—
5. Sukey died five years ago; can’t he—
6. You pick up a pen.
7. You scribble down the address.
8. You get on your bike and go.
9. Things . . . get a little crazy after that.*
*also, you fall in love, but not with Lukas.

I'm very curious about what will happen in Wild Awake! What stranger is calling? And more importantly why?


What are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. Nice! Been seeing this one around lately! Hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious about that too! I'm definitely looking forward to meet that stranger ;)

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this on my TBR. It sounds interesting. Great pick.

    My WoW

    Sabina @ Delirious About Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds cool. Great choice.

    Kat
    www.katsbookbuzz.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited to read this one as well! I've been hearing a lot of good things so far!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seeing this a lot today. cool pick!

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds interesting - and yeah...we all have the "parents are out of town" ideas that never quite pan out...lol

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helene! Seriously :O coolest choice ever. I.want.that.book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read Wild Awake (bribed my friend's sister at HC to let me borrow her galley) and it was crazy! I can't wait for more people to read it to see what they think. Here's my pick: http://justacouplemorepages.com/2013/03/27/waiting-on-wednesday-the-summer-i-became-a-nerd/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited about this one! I've been waiting on it for awhile. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!