Friday, March 22, 2013

Review Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza


MILA 2.0 (MILA 2.0, #1)Title: Mila 2.0
Author: Debra Driza 
Published: March 12th, 2013 
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Pages: 480
Source: Netgalley
Series: Mila 2.0 #1

Mila was living with her mother in a small Minnesota town when she discovered she was also living a lie.

She was never meant to learn the truth about her identity. She was never supposed to remember the past—that she was built in a computer science lab and programmed to do things real people would never do.

Now she has no choice but to run—from the dangerous operatives who want her terminated because she knows too much, and from a mysterious group that wants to capture her alive and unlock her advanced technology.

Evading her enemies won't help Mila escape the cruel reality of what she is and cope with everything she has had to leave behind. However, what she's becoming is beyond anyone's imagination, including her own, and that just might save her life.


When I read the prequel to Mila 2.0 I knew this was going to be an amazing series! And the first book was indeed awesome! 

It's about a girl Mila who discovers she isn't who she thought she was. That sounds a bit lame, but it totally isn't. She's a robot! When she's in an accident her arm is punctured and instead of blood and flesh she sees wires. Her mother explains some bits, about her being a robot and that she's been build in a lab. For Mila the most confusing part is that she does have memories, but they're all fake. Her "mother" put them in her head. 

At some points this book was really confusing. Mila has memories (although they're not her own) and she also experiences feelings. At times I couldn't wrap my mind around it. How could a robot have feelings? Trick is to not over think things like this! They'll only give you a headache. So when I put that beside me I enjoyed the book even more!

Debra Driza has a very nice writing style and the story was hard to put down! It was very exciting to read it and the ending was so good! I can't wait to read the second book. 

Mila is a nice girl with just enough kick-ass-ness (just made that word up ;)). She really grew on me throughout the story. At the end she really knows how to defend herself and she does! I love that about her!

Go out, buy this book, go home, make a big cup of tea and start reading this!

3 comments:

  1. Mila sounds great, I love a kick ass girl :D The whole robot/android concept sounds great and I hope to read my e-copy from Netgalley soon. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh it sounds like such a strong book. I promised myself: no more netgalley for a while. But books like this make it hard to keep that promise ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh yay! I'm so happy you loved this one so much Helène :D I've been excited about it since I first heard about it and your review only added to my excitement! Mila sounds amazing & honestly your suggestion about the big cup of tea to go with it sounds heavenly ♥

    Thanks for the GREAT review!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!