Sunday, March 10, 2013

Review Dare You To by Katie McGarry


Dare You To (Pushing the Limits, #2)Title: Dare You To
Author: Katie McGarry
Published: May 28th, 2013 
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 304
Source: for review
Series: Pushing the Limits #2

"I dare you..." 

If anyone knew the truth about Beth Risk's home life, they'd send her mother to jail and seventeen-year-old Beth who knows where. So she protects her mom at all costs. Until the day her uncle swoops in and forces Beth to choose between her mom's freedom and her own happiness. That's how Beth finds herself living with an aunt who doesn't want her and going to a school that doesn't understand her. At all. Except for the one guy who shouldn't get her, but does.... 


Ryan Stone is the town golden boy, a popular baseball star jock-with secrets he can't tell anyone. Not even the friends he shares everything with, including the constant dares to do crazy things. The craziest? Asking out the Skater girl who couldn't be less interested in him. 


But what begins as a dare becomes an intense attraction neither Ryan nor Beth expected. Suddenly, the boy with the flawless image risks his dreams-and his life-for the girl he loves, and the girl who won't let anyone get too close is daring herself to want it all...


You know that feeling that a book is so awesome, you just don't know where to start your review? That's me right know. Pushing the Limits was my favorite book last year. And I admit I was a bit afraid starting Dare You To, because my expectations were so high. And guess what? Dare You To is even better than Pushing the Limits! I almost screamed when I turned the last page. I want more!


In Pushing the Limits we met Beth as one of the friends of Noah. I must admit I didn't really like her in PtL, but that definitely changed in Dare You To. Her mother is an addict and she tries to save her, but when things go to far and Beth goes to jail her uncle bails her out en "forces" her to live with him and his wife. That's were Beth meets Ryan, the star player of his football team. He seems to have it all. 


Beth really grew on me. I would never say she's an amazing person, but I have to admire her perseverance. Nothing can stop her if she makes up her mind about something. 

I loved Ryan. On the outside he seems to have it all. But nobody sees his parents aren't speaking to each other when no one's around. Or that his brother isn't welcome anymore because he's gay. 
And that's exactly what makes Beth and Ryan so perfect for each other. They have their problems, but they're also perfect for helping each other. They're, just like Noah and Echo, perfect for each other. 

Katie McGarry is definitely one of my favorite authors! She has an amazing writing style and the way she tells the story is so beautiful. You're really there with the characters. And she gives you all the feels! It's almost impossible to put into words how amazing this story is. You just have to read it and find out for yourself. 


Pre-order Dare You To right now! And the moment it touches your mailbox: start reading it! 

2 comments:

  1. Beth grew on me too! I didn't like her in Pushing the Limits so I wasn't too sure I would even like this. But I started it one night and couldn't stop. I loved it way more than Pushing the Limits. Ryan SWOON! But poor Isiah! But at least he will get his own book and HEA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Dare You To more than Pushing the Limits too, and I didn't think that was possible! Ryan is an amazing character too - I loved reading about him.

    Great review!

    Lyra @ Defiantly Deviant

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!