Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish. Every Tuesday has another topic and different bloggers give their top ten. I love making lists, so here's mine for this week!

This week's topic is 


Top Ten Series I'd Like To Start But Haven't Yet

Let's be honest: there are too many series I want to read, but still haven't started yet! Every time I think about it I get anxious, because I really want to read those books/series and I'm afraid I'll never get around to it. I know this is a bit ridiculous, because you can't read all the books (unfortunately!). I must say that I day dream a lot about being free for a couple of weeks and all I do is read books. Sounds like heaven!
But we're not here to listen (or actually read) to me rambling about all the books I haven't read yet. Although I have a lot more to say on the subject (like: when I made this list a few weeks back I'd put Unearthly on it and I've read it by now or mentioning all the series I did start, but haven't finished yet), I won't. So here's my Top Ten this week!

Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1)Soul Screamers Vol. 1: My Soul to Lose • My Soul to Take • My Soul to SaveLegend (Legend, #1)First Grave on the Right (Charley Davidson, #1)Obsidian (Lux, #1)The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1)Hourglass (Hourglass, #1)Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy, #1)Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)Eve (Eve, #1)

I own the first book series

Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
I own the first book and almost bought the second one yesterday. I loved her VA series and I hope this one's just as good!
Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent
I bought Soul Screamers Volume 1 (books #0,5 #1 and #2) after the TTT with our favorite series/books. Everyone was raving about it and I just had to buy it. Like with all the books on the list I really want to read them, but when?
Legend by Marie Lu
Another series I've heard so many good things about. That's why I bought the first book. I wanted to read it very soon (we're talking end of December 2012), but life got in between (and a lot of ARC's and review copies). 
Charley Davidson by Darynda Jones
 I won the first book in the series a few weeks back and I'm really happy with it, because I heard amazing things about it. I kept being hesitant if I wanted to read it, but I want to read it now! 
Lux by Jennifer L. Armentrout
I'm putting this one somewhere in the middle of the list in the hopes you won't notice I haven't read this one yet. I know I should! It's life changing if I have to believe all the amazing reviews. And there's the problem. I'm so afraid it will disappoint. The good news is I own Obsidian, so in the end I shall have to read it. 
Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness
This is one of those series I've heard good things about, but I'm not sure if I'll like it. But if I look at the books I've read and loved so far. Quite some books that I loved I was hesitant about in the beginning! The Dutch translation got published a few weeks back, so now I'm out of excuses not to read it! 
Hourglass by McEntire
You know what the dangerous part of an e-reader is. I forget half the books I have on it and when I'm browsing my to-read shelf on Goodreads I'm thinking every time: Oh, I still have to read that one! I'm in love with the covers of this series!
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Someone should stop me buying more books, before I read all the ones I own now! I own the first book and at one point I almost started it, but in the end I chose another book and it still sits there being pretty on my e-reader. 

I want to own and read this series

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
I shall be completely honest with you I haven't bought (and so started) this series yet, because I don't like the UK cover. I know I'm so shallow, but the US one is so pretty and it just breaks my heart buying the less pretty one when I know this beauty is out there!
Eve by Anna Carey
There are a lot of books on my wish list, which is no surprise I guess. This is one of the series I haven't started yet, but really want to!

What series do you need to start reading soon? And which ones on my list should be read next? Let me know!

9 comments:

  1. Legend is awesome and I just love the Soul Screamers series. I hope you get to read it soon.

    My TTT
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2013/03/top-ten-series-id-like-to-start-but.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Hourglass covers and also want to read them at some point... Lux is definitely a book that I own and haven't gotten to yet!! Gotta do it soon.

    Thanks for stopping by My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soul Screamers is awesome. Definitely find time for those. I've read Bloodlines, and love having Adrian around a bit more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Legend & Paranormalcy! The Soul Screamers Series is on my list too! I really want to read Daughter of Smoke & Bone and Obsidian too!
    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't worry, I haven't read any Jennifer Armentrout yet. I feel embarrassed, but not totally ashamed yet. Maybe in six months I'll start to feel really bad. =p

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bloodlines is on my list too! VA was just amazing, and I have to read this, because Adrian is there :D
    Top 10 Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would move Lux to the top of your list! It's soooooo good! I finished the 3rd book this week and now I'm waiting for the 4th book to come out. Pretty hard for someone who has no patience whatsoever

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks, even thought they didnt make my list , i have had Eve and Smoke and Bone on my shelves since christmas and still haven't gotten to them yet, i hope to read them soon too, and i also am interested in legend too! great picks ! thanks for checking out my list earlier! - Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I SO want to check out the Lux series & the Legend books ASAP! The Bloodline Series & Soul Screamers look awesome too :D I can't recommend the Daughter of Smoke & Bone Series enough!! Seriously one of my all time favorite series ♥ I *just* recently read the first Charley Davidson book and I quite enjoyed it. It didn't blow me away but I can tell the series will only get better from there :) GREAT choices here, thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!