Thursday, December 06, 2012

2013 TBR PILE Reading Challenge

6 BLOGGERS, 12 MINI-CHALLENGES, 24 BOOKS TO WIN!!!

One of the greatest things about this time of year? All the reading challenges that start popping up for next year! I entered in three so far, not including this one and thought to leave it at that. But when I ran across this one I couldn't resist! According to Goodreads I've 60 books on my shelves that I still have to read. And since I just keep buying books this pile doesn't get any lower! So I'm joining this challenge to read all the books that have been waiting on me!

Six bloggers are hosting this Reading Challenge. Every month on the 20th there will be a wrap up post on one of the six blogs. 

Evie @ Bookish
Rachel @ Fiktshun
Bonnie @ Words At Home

There are five levels: 

    1-10 - A Firm Handshake
    11-20 - A Friendly Hug
    21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
    31-40 - Love At First Sight
    41-50 - Married With Children


I'm aiming for A Sweet Kiss. What I learned from participating in my first challenge is that I shouldn't be too enthusiastic. I went through my TBR pile and there are 30 books I really want to read next year: 


The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
Beauty by Lauren Conrad
Legend by Marie Lu
Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway
Partials by Dan Wells
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Eve and Adam by Michael Grant and Katherine Applegate
Pretty Little Liars by Sarah Shepard
Immortal Beloved by Cate Tiernan
Snow White & the Huntsman by Lily Blake
Peter Pan by J.M Barrie
Mag Ik Je Nummer Even? (I’ve Got Your Number) by Sophie Kinsella
Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh
Hidden by Sophie Jordan
The Lying Game by Sarah Shepard
The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter
Een Weeffout in Onze Sterren (A Fault in Our Stars) by John Green
Lies by Michael Grant
Op Klaarlichte Dag by Simone van der Vlugt
Specials by Scott Westerfeld
Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate
Bitten by Kelly Armstrong
Eldest by Christopher Paolini
Haunted by Joy Preble
Tenth Grade Bleeds by Heather Brewer
Eleventh Grade Burns by Heather Brewer
The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
Where She Went by Gayle Forman
Water for Elephants by Sarah Gruen
Spin by Catherine McKenzie

If you also want to join, and to check out the guidelines, go here
I can't wait to get started!

2 comments:

  1. Huh! This sounds really great. I might just join... *off to check the guidelines*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont normally need a challenge to help me read. Haha. I already have my own challenges (finding the time)
    But Im glad you joined this challenge and i wish you great luck with it.
    There are a few that I really want to read on your list, and several that I have already read!
    (So... that just means you have great tatse in books. haha)

    Good luck

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!