Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review The Game by Krystyna Kuhn


TitleThe Game
Author: Krystyna Kuhn
Published: June 7th, 2012 (Atom)
Pages: 320
Source: gift
Series: The Valley #1
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis from Goodreads: The famous Grace College, located in a remote valley in the Canadian Rocky Mountains, is an elite school for the highly gifted. To Julia and her brother, it's the perfect place to hide.
But when Robert finds a dead body in their first week they'll learn they can only run so far from their past. And that the valley has secrets of its own. . .


I read this book a while ago, but when I saw this cover last week I just fell in love with it. It's so gorgeous. I never by more than one edition of a book (with The Lord of the Rings as the only exception), but I might change that right now. I can go on and on about this cover and how beautiful I think it is, but this is still a review, so here's what I thought about the book. 

When I first saw a copy of this book (it may be clear that this was another edition) I wasn't really sure what I would think of this book. A colleague  of mine recommended it to me, so I gave it a chance. And I really liked it. From the first page the tension is high and you never know what to expect. You don't know why Robert and Julia have been send to this strange place and when scary things start to happen there it gets even more freakisher. 

From the beginning it's clear that's something's off with Julia and Robert, but it isn't till the end of the story that you find out what exactly has happened before they were dropped here. 
I liked that about the story. I couldn't put the book down. On the other end the ending feels like the closure of a book. Not all the questions have been answered and I still want to read the next book in the series, but it wasn't an 'annoying' ending, where everything is still unclear. 

In the Netherlands part two and three of this series have been published (there will be four books in total), but I think I'm going to read the second book in English, especially if that one has another beautiful cover like this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!