Friday, June 22, 2012

Review Fated by Alyson Noël


TitleFated
Author: Alyson Noël
Published: May 22nd, 2012 (St. Martin's Press)
Pages: 352
Source: bought
Series: The Soul Seekers #1
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis from Goodreads: Lately strange things have been happening to Daire Santos. Animals follow her, crows mock her, and glowing people appear out of nowhere. Worried that Daire is having a nervous breakdown, her mother packs her off to stay in the dusty plains of Enchantment, New Mexico with a grandmother she’s never met.
There she crosses paths with Dace, a gorgeous guy with unearthly blue eyes who she’s encountered before...but only in her dreams. And she’ll get to know her grandmother—a woman who recognizes Daire’s bizarre episodes for what they are. A call to her true destiny as a Soul Seeker, one who can navigate between the worlds of the living and the dead. Her grandmother immediately begins teaching her to harness her powers—but it’s an art that must be mastered quickly. Because Dace’s brother is an evil shape-shifter who’s out to steal her powers. Now Daire must embrace her fate as a Soul Seeker and find out if Dace is one guy she’s meant to be with...or if he’s allied with the enemy she’s destined to destroy.

I loved The Immortal series by Alyson Noël, so when I heard she was writing a new series I definitely wanted to read it. And I wasn't let down. The first book in The Soul Seekers series is yet again really good! 


Daire Santos, the main character, is a realistic and lovable person. When she starts seeing weird stuff she's afraid and doesn't know what to do. Her grandmother tells her she's a Soul Seeker. The way Daire handles things felt realistic. She does freak out of course, and she tries to run. But after that she's willing to give it a shot. But she isn't the big hero, she just does what feels right and what needs to be done. For me she felt down to earth and I like that.


The idea behind the story, the Soul Seekers, is interesting. The first born of a Soul Seeker becomes the next. They can travel between the world of the living and death. Which is devided in three levels: high, middle and low. Every Soul Seeker has an animal that guides her. Daire's a raven, a wise animal who understands a lot of things even if you don't. 


The story overall was pretty good and I'm looking forward to reading Echo. Fated doesn't end with an open ending, luckily. But there are still loose ends and I can't wait to find out what happens and to learn more about the world of the Soul Seekers. 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Helene, just hopping through **New Follower through GFC** Happy Friday :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you rated Fated, I loved that one too, did you read the free kindle download of a short story called Daire meets ever? Its a nice story, where ever and daire meet. and its cool. Just letting you know, in case you had not read it yet. I also am stopping for FF, not sure if I am in right spot, the word I clicked for comments, said something else, another language maybe? lol,not sure. too tiny to read well. Here is my http://readingwithabc.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!