Thursday, February 07, 2013

Review Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi


Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)Title: Unravel Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Published: February 5th, 2013 (HarperCollins)
Pages: 465
Source: for review
Series: 
Shatter Me #2
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis from Goodreads: tick, tick, tick, tick, tick
it's almost
time for war.

Juliette has escaped to Omega Point. It is a place for people like her—people with gifts—and it is also the headquarters of the rebel resistance.

She's finally free from The Reestablishment, free from their plan to use her as a weapon, and free to love Adam. But Juliette will never be free from her lethal touch.

Or from Warner, who wants Juliette more than she ever thought possible.

In this exhilarating sequel to Shatter Me, Juliette has to make life-changing decisions between what she wants and what she thinks is right. Decisions that might involve choosing between her heart—and Adam's life.

I already knew that Tahereh Mafi is an amazing author. Shatter Me just blew me away. And Unravel Me is just as good! What I thought is most amazing is that Unravel Me is quite different from Shatter Me. Especially the writing style. Juliette has changed and so the writing style is different. Again I had to get used to it, but that's good! Tahereh Mafi is full of surprises.

I thought Shatter Me was a bit better than Unravel Me, although I was really looking forward to the second book. Discovering more about Omega Point and what kind of powers other people have there. That was so awesome. Juliette gets her training to control her power. But while she does she discovers things she didn't wanted to know. At some point her constant whining drove me insane and I just wanted to scream at her. Luckily at the end it got a lot better and I'm definitely looking forward to book three! That ending of Unravel Me? Wow! Want more now!

My favorite character in this book was definitely Kenji. He's so funny and he really lightened up the story! He acts like he's all into Juliette and he wants to date her. I'm still not sure if he does really like her! Juliette is very detached from every person in the Omega Point, so we don't get to know many people. I thought this was a shame, because I would've loved to get to know them better. 

When I finished Unravel Me I hadn't read Destroy Me yet, but after I did a lot of things became clear to me. Although I must say that reading it in this order, gave an extra dimension to Destroy Me. That scene with the dog was a lot more exciting with me knowing what would happen! I also think I would have read the scenes with Warner quite differently if I had read Destroy Me first. 

This is one of those series you just have to read! It it that amazing. I know the writing style can come across as a bit weird in the beginning, but you have to read through that. You will get used to it and you don't want to miss out on a spectacular series like this one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!