Friday, February 15, 2013

Review Plague by Michael Grant


PlagueTitle: Plague
Author: Michael Grant 
Published: April 5th, 2011 (Katherine Tegen Books)
Pages: 316
Source: bought
Series:
Gone #4
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis from Goodreads: It's been eight months since all the adults disappeared. Gone.

They've survived hunger. They've survived lies. But the stakes keep rising, and the dystopian horror keeps building. Yet despite the simmering unrest left behind by so many battles, power struggles, and angry divides, there is a momentary calm in Perdido Beach.

But enemies in the FAYZ don't just fade away, and in the quiet, deadly things are stirring, mutating, and finding their way free. The Darkness has found its way into the mind of its Nemesis at last and is controlling it through a haze of delirium and confusion. A highly contagious, fatal illness spreads at an alarming rate. Sinister, predatory insects terrorize Perdido Beach. And Sam, Astrid, Diana, and Caine are plagued by a growing doubt that they'll escape—or even survive—life in the FAYZ. With so much turmoil surrounding them, what desperate choices will they make when it comes to saving themselves and those they love?

This series gets better with every book! After finishing Lies I thought it couldn't get worse. I was so wrong. Michael Grant did it again. 

In Plague some kids get so sick they literary cough their lungs out. And that's not even the worst part. There were some really stomach turning parts in this book. I don't have the strongest stomach and at times I'm even a bit nauseated by the story! But I just can't stop reading it. Even now I can't wait to get my hands on the next book in the series! 

Michael Grant has an amazing writing style. When I read his books I do it everywhere. Just because I want to read it so badly! I don't have this with many books. When I'm on the train for ten minutes I mostly end up checking my phone, but some books are worth reading everywhere, even if it is for just ten minutes! (I'm a bit weird and don't like to end in the middle of a chapter and that's why I want to have more time when I read). 

If you're familiar with the series you know that there are multiple POV's. Some characters return in every book, like Sam, Astrid and Caine. Others are only there for one book or just one fragment. This makes the book so hard to put down. You want to know what happens next! So you continue reading. 
Most of the time I switch favorite characters. At first I really loved Sam, but in the second and third book there were times when I just wanted to scream at him. I've had the same with Astrid. I didn't like Astrid in Plague, she changed and not in a good way. But I did like Sam a bit more! He doesn't like to be looked upon as the leader, but he does take action when it's necessary. My favorite character in this book was Hunter. He becomes more and more like an animal and sometimes he just can't think straight and he knows. I was fascinated by his struggling! 

If you haven't read this series yet I definitely recommend it! The last book is coming this year and I can't wait to see how this series will end! But first I'm reading the fifth book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!