Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fall Into Reading Challenge


With the days getting shorter and the air getting all crispy again, fall is really here! It's time for reading a lot of books, tea or hot chocolate, on the couch, with or without a blanket. I can't wait! I was looking forward to joining my first reading challenge for a while now and Fall into Reading 2012 hosted by Callapidder Days looks like my kind of challenge!
Essentially, Fall Into Reading 2012 is a fun, low-pressure reading challenge open to anyone and everyone. It will take place September 22nd-December 21st (which, as you may have guessed, lines up with the fall of 2012).
To participate, here’s what you need to do:
  • Create a list of books you’d like to read or finish this fall. This is the only real requirement for participating in the challenge.
  • Feel free to set some additional reading goals (such as reading to your kids two hours per week, getting through your pile of magazines, etc.). However, this is not required; setting additional goals iscompletely optional.
  • Write a blog post that includes the list of books you want to read (and any additional goals you’ve set), and get ready to post it on your blog on September 22nd.
  • Visit Callapidder Days on September 22nd to sign up for the challenge. I’ll have an official launch post up that morning, complete with an area for you to submit a link to your personal Fall Into Reading post, where it will be added to the master list of participants.
  • Read! Work on your goals throughout Fall 2012.
  • Report your results. Write another blog post in December to let everyone know how you did. (I’ll post an official wrap-up to the challenge on December 22nd, where you’ll be able to share your results.)
  • Have fun! Visit other participants to see what they’re reading. Write reviews if you’re so inclined. But most of all, enjoy your fall reading!
The real challenge for me this fall is to lower my existing TBR pile. I keep buying books, so it grows all the time and I want to change that! It's almost sad seeing all those books just collecting dust and every time I see them I think I really want to read them, but I pick another book every time... And keep buying more. 
So here's my challenge list, most books I already own and I've put some books on there I REALLY want to have: (in no particular order) 

  1. Eve and Adam by Katherine Applegate & Michael Grant
  2. What's Left of Me by Kat Zhang
  3. Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout 
  4. Easy by Tammara Webber
  5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
  6. The Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore
  7. Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
  8. Tempest by Julie Cross
  9. Spark by Amy Kathleen Ryan
  10. Abandon by Meg Cabot
  11. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
  12. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
  13. Bitten by Kelly Armstrong
  14. Broken by A.E. Rought
  15. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black
  16. Dearly, Beloved by Lia Habel
  17. Die For Me by Amy Plum
  18. Enshadowed by Kelly Creagh
  19. The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter
  20. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
  21. Hidden by Sophie Jordan
  22. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
  23. Immortal City by Scott Speer
  24. Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer
  25. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
  26. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini
  27. The Lying Game by Sara Shepard
  28. The Violet Fox by Clare C. Marshall
  29. Lies by Michael Grant
  30. Eve by Anna Carey
  31. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
  32. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand
  33. Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
  34. Partials by Dan Wells
  35. Defiance by C.J. Redwine
  36. Breathe by Sarah Crossan

With 13 weeks of fall, I have to read approximately 3 books a week! I should be able to do that! But it wouldn't be fun if it's at least a bit challenging!

Happy Reading!

9 comments:

  1. Ooh wow you have good books! Starcrossed is also on my FIRC list! Here is my post for it!: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/09/fall-into-reading-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have your work cut out for you! Really cool list of books. I have started with Abandon from Meg Cabot as my first of the challenge. Will be interesting to see how we both perceive the same book. Good Luck with your challenge!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, what a good list - there's a lot there that I want to read too! =)
    New follower via GFC.
    Rinn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helene, you have an absolutely fantastic Fall of reading ahead of you!! So many of those books are on my Wishlist: A Discovery of Witches, Breathe, Defiance, Partials, Unraveling, What's Left of Me, and on and on!!

    I am reading Enshadowed right now. I am only about 50 pages in, but I'm enjoying it so far!

    I loved Cinder, and I hope you will too!

    http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/09/fall-into-reading-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the challenge! I loved A Discovery of Witches - the sequel is on my to-read list and I hope to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some really great books on your list! Have a great fall of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your goal to lower your existing TBR pile. I have such a problem keeping mine under control, too. For every book I take off, I end up adding two more. Sigh. I'm cleaning off my bookshelves this week, so maybe that will inspire me to start/finish those that have been hanging around for awhile.

    Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three books a week definitely sounds like a challenge, but a fun one. I do the same thing as you -- buy more and more books, adding to my TBR pile...and then never seem to make a dent in that pile. That's one thing these challenges are good for -- finally making some progress on that TBR pile! Thanks for being part of Fall Into Reading 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressive list! Good luck getting through the entire thing!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!