Thursday, August 16, 2012

Review Pledged by Gwynneth White


Pledged (Soul Wars Saga, #1)Title: Pledged
Author: Gwynneth White
Published: June 13th, 2012 (Smashwords)
Pages: 503
Source: bought
Series: Soul Wars Saga #1
Rating: 4 stars
Synopsis from Goodreads: Everyone has a soul mate. But what do you do when your soul mate would rather give his soul to the demons than be with you? Seventeen-year-old Erin has a problem. Seth has been hers forever, but now an ancient curse is tearing him away. And the demons who invoked it will stop at nothing – even murder – to claim him as their own. How can she win against a curse so binding that it has damned countless others to this same fate – an eternity alone? The answer lies in the past. To find it, Erin and Seth must risk all, travelling back in time to a dangerous world where love is forbidden, and life – and death – hang on a pledge. Follow Erin and Seth as they travel to ancient Shenaya and confront the curse that has plagued their families for millennia. Caught in a war between the Angelic Guardians and the Gefallen, the disembodied dead, they must fight to keep their souls in tact and their love untainted.


I'm a sucker for beautiful covers and this one is so pretty! When I first saw it I knew immediately this was a book I wanted to read. Then I read the synopsis and the impatient waiting began. And now I've finally read it and I'm so sad it's finished. I want more! Lucky for me there will be more! 

But about the story. It's great! I love the soul mate idea. Seth and Erin are a sweet couple and you really want them to be together. But because of Seth's promise to his brother it might all go wrong. 

Seth and Erin travel through time to break an ancient curse and I love time traveling. Basically this book had everything I really love in stories. Gradually you learn more about the curse and Erin and Seth learn a lot about themselves and the world they got into. 

I loved that the story was written in different point of views. As a reader you know "everything" (of course there are some aspects the writer leaves in the dark!) and I really wanted Seth and Erin to be together. You see them struggling, while you know how both of them think. It makes the story more intense! 

I was in a bit of a reading slump while reading this book and I think I didn't enjoy it as much as I normally would. In the beginning of the story I felt like I was thrown in the middle of it, like I missed a part. But that could just be me, because I really enjoyed the rest of the story and would recommend it!

And that ending! Gwynneth, how can you do that to me? You have to write really fast now, because I can't wait to read Sacrificed!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, so glad to see a review for Pledged! Glad that it was overall so enjoyable for you! Agreed, Seth and Erin are just so sweet, even from what I can tell from Gwynneth's blog. I do like the time traveling aspect, and myths and curses are always a nice bonus to any book XD Great review, Helene! <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!