Monday, April 15, 2013

Review Fragments by Dan Wells

Fragments (Partials, #2)Title: Fragments
Author: Dan Wells
Published: February 26th, 2013 
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Pages: 564
Source: Netgalley
Series: Partials Sequence #2


Kira Walker has found the cure for RM, but the battle for the survival of humans and Partials is just beginning. Kira has left East Meadow in a desperate search for clues to who she is. That the Partials themselves hold the cure for RM in their blood cannot be a coincidence--it must be part of a larger plan, a plan that involves Kira, a plan that could save both races. Her companions are Afa Demoux, an unhinged drifter and former employee of ParaGen, and Samm and Heron, the Partials who betrayed her and saved her life, the only ones who know her secret. But can she trust them?

Meanwhile, back on Long Island, what's left of humanity is gearing up for war with the Partials, and Marcus knows his only hope is to delay them until Kira returns. But Kira's journey will take her deep into the overgrown wasteland of postapocalyptic America, and Kira and Marcus both will discover that their greatest enemy may be one they didn't even know existed.


Did you read Partials and liked it? Than you'll definitely love Fragments! I certainly did. I think it's even better than the first book in the series.

It took me a while to get into the story. I couldn't remember everything that had happened in Partials and that made it a bit difficult, because the story continues where the first book ends. But soon most of it came back and I really enjoyed this story. It was hard to put down. 

I loved that the story is told from different perspectives. In Partials I had a couple of times that I was annoyed by Kira and had to put the book down. With multiple perspectives the story was a lot more fun and fast paced! You also learn a lot more about the war that's going on and how they got there. 

That's the best thing about dystopians: the world building! It makes the story so much better if the world building is good. It's what made Partials less fun for me, I would have loved it if there was more about the world and how it got this way. In Fragments there was a lot of background information and I absolutely loved it! 

Beside having to get into the story when I just started I was pretty sad when I turned to last page. I want more! The ending screams for more!

A great dystopian series you definitely want to read if you love the genre!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love to hear your thoughts. They make my day! :) Please leave a link to your blog, so I can pay you a visit!